<VV> Gluing stuff questions.

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 9 21:45:43 EDT 2008

Not much Corvair content but I need to tap the expertise of the group.  I
need to glue a nylon gear on to a steel shaft.  What kind of stickum will
hold in this situation?  The cruise control motor for my '69 Cadillac land
yacht has cracked the little pinion gear that drives the cruise control
linkage.  Originally the gear was pressed onto the shaft and help with some
tiny splines.  Meanwhile, the gear has cracked  allowing it to expand
slightly and loose grip on the splines.  I'm hoping to find something
that'll bind everything up nice and solid.  Any ideas?

Jim B., '66 Corsa turbovert,  '69 Cadillac convertible