<VV> Front End Noise

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 04:57:42 EDT 2008

"...At first I thought the noise was suspension related. I bounced th car  up
and down, but I could not reproduce the sound. It only happens when the
brakes are applied. Anyone have this problem before??  Thanks!

Dave
Newington, CT..."

Dave...

I experienced the EXACT same symptoms with my 67 coupe. The problem  turned
out to be a stress crack in a unibody panel at the front fire wall.  Welded up
the crack to fix the problem. Don't remember the exact location (it's  been a
few years now), but it was definitely viewable with car up on a rack. It  was
tough to run down--even rebuilt the front end first--but once found it was  an
easy fix.

Mike Mauro