<VV> 1966 Corvair Standard Seatbelts in Turquoise or Bronze interi ors

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Mar 12 10:50:56 EDT 2008

I am not understanding exactly what is meant by 'standard belts.'  Is this a
reference to the black belts as apposed to colored or is there something else
that makes them 'deluxe' as apposed to 'standard?'
My wife drove, for years, a turquoise 66 sport sedan with a turquoise interior and
turquoise seat belts and floor mats.  They were probably original with the car ...
they were of 66 GM type for sure.  I purchased that car from Jim Westervelt but I
do not know where he bought it.

Ken Pepke

I would say you are correct that black was a default color for standard only
belts.

The standard 64-66 belt was only offered in 4 colors, Black, Red, Blue, &
Fawn.

So depending on your interior color you got a belt that worked with your
interior.

So let's see.

1966 Seat upholstery
Fawn interior got Fawn belts
Turquoise interior got Black belts
White/Black interior got Black belts
Red interior got Red belts
Bright Blue interior got Blue belts
Black interior got black belts
Bronze might have Red or Black belts (this will be a fun one to find out)

The Custom Deluxe chrome buckles came in all matching belt colors to above
interiors...

Any original 66 Bronze interior vairs out their with standard Seatbelts ????
What color do you have????

Rick Loving