<VV> [SCG] 1966 Corvair Standard Seatbelts in Turquoise orBronze interi ors

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 11:04:29 EDT 2008

Ken,

Since seatbelts were a standard option for fronts in 65 and fronts and Rears
for 66 all 65&66 (late 64 too) Corvairs came with some Standard seatbelts.

GM referred to this standard belt as a "Custom seatbelt" it was a lower cost
seatbelt with a black plastic lift to release buckle and came in 4 colors.

GM offered an OPTIONAL upgrade (think cost more money) to a different belt
referred to as the CUSTOM DELUXE belt.  This belt was different in 65 to 66
but both were chrome plated buckles, retractors, color coded boots at the
floor level to cover the hardware.  They came in matching colors to every
interior choice for the perfect match to the seats.

That is the difference between Custom and Deluxe...so you could have two
different 66 turquoise Corvairs and could have two different seatbelts in
each, one black and one turquoise, with different buckles...

Rick Loving