<VV> Towing a 4 speed

Vic Howard vichoward at frontiernet.net
Wed Mar 12 11:21:48 EDT 2008

Bob,
I flat towed my 66 Monza to the Oregon convention, then on up to Tacoma, Washington and back to Bullhead City, Az with no problems. The only time I started and ran the car thru its gears was when I disconnected it in Portland and again in Tacoma.
This car was an automatic and I towed it the same way numerous times to Palm Springs, Phoenix and various trips to California behind our motorhome. Never had a problem with it but I did start the engine every 100 or so miles and put it thru the forward/reverse gears while still hooked up to the motorhome.
Vic Howard