<VV> Towing a 4 speed

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:27:35 EDT 2008

Due to all of the 'no problems' posted maybe a better question would be, has ANYone had any problems with the tranny/diff when towing a manual with the real wheels down?  I went to flat towing last year and would like to hear.Barry(expecting the sound of crickets)> Subject: <VV> Towing a 4 speed> > Bob,> I flat towed my 66 Monza to the Oregon convention, then on up to Tacoma, Washington and back to Bullhead City, Az with no problems. The only time I started and ran the car thru its gears was when I disconnected it in Portland and again in Tacoma. > This car was an automatic and I towed it the same way numerous times to Palm Springs, Phoenix and various trips to California behind our motorhome. Never had a problem with it but I did start the engine every 100 or so miles and put it thru the forward/reverse gears while still hooked up to the motorhome.> Vic Howard> _______________________________________________> This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are the property> of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mailto:vv-help at corvair.org> This list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, http://www.corvair.org/> Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org> Change your options: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs > _______________________________________________