<VV> fumes in car.

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 22:50:25 EDT 2008

Just put new hoses, fan motor on my heater.  '67
coupe.  Have some fumes in car.  I cleaned out the
heater shrouds.  There appears to be some black
residue on at least one jug where the head is
attached.  Leaking head gasket?  This 80 h.p. motor
was rebuilt 5,000 miles ago.  I bought it this way.
An early in a late but it looks good, runs good and
sounds good with Flowmasters.  I am getting some fumes
in the car.  Makes my head stop up and get stuffy.  I
tried the air mixer on the heater box control and
nothing helps unless I pull the knob to no heat and
then its ok.  In other words, when I  mix in heated
air it has a exhaust smell.  I have no thermostat
doors on because I discovered that both thermostats
are bad.  thanks,  Ernie in Louisville