<VV> Car Dolly

Ray Davis scout1977 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:50:22 EDT 2008

I have used a car dolly several times and have not had a complaint!  All the towing was fairly long range.  Of course, the tow vehicle (I have used two) was heavier than the Corvairs.  I have towed a four speed convertible rear wheels up and rear wheels down with no problem.  I have also towed station wagons and a late model.  It does seem to work better with the read wheels up.  The only problem is you need to plan ahead and keep the tow vehicle pulling and not allow the towed vehicle to "push."  When going down hill if the towed vehicle starts to push it does start to weave as if its trying to pass the tow vehicle.  I have also flat towed and had the same problem.  It's no different than when pulling a loaded trailer or camper.  It is important to have the max amount of air in the dolly wheels.  When I replaced the tires on my dolly, I used six ply tires.
Ray Davis
Hartwood, VA