<VV> CORSA membership

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri Mar 14 22:58:43 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!

I'M ONE OF THOSE "NEWBIES". This is my first post.

Chuck, Your post was very eloquent. I just moved over here from a homebuilt
aircraft chat group that I was a member of for about four years. Due to
financial reasons, I decided NOT to build an aircraft and sold my project. I
just purchased a '36 convertible Spyder for a new project and here I am
looking for a new group of friends. Over on the Aircraft list, there were
several people that argued about a variety of things and had negative
attitudes. It got very tiring. It's nice to see that there are people here
like you to keep things fun.

I hope to get my Spyder on the road in the next week or so. I'm rebuilding
the heads and replacing the pistons, rings, rods, bearings & barrels. After
that I intend to show up at the first Thursday meeting of Vintage Corsa, in
Orange County, Calif. I plan to join Corsa then. I also have hotel
reservations for the Corsa National Convention in Ventura in June.

I look forward to chatting with and getting to know all of you.

Dave Thompson
Dave.thompson at verizon.net
Westminster, CA
'63 convertible Spyder (Daily Driver)
Flycorvair.com Corvair aircraft engine (in pieces)

P.S. Am I supposed to send posts directly to virtualvairs at corvair.org? If
not, Please let me know.

-----Original Message (edited)-----
Subject: <VV> CORSA membership

Hello everyone, I think it is important for all CORSA members on
Virtual Vairs to remember and understand that nowadays many many new
Corvair owners will have their first Corvair "community" experience
on the www and for most of them I suspect it will be
at Virtual Vairs .............please consider this possibility when you post
to Virtual Vairs as there may be "newbies" to the Corvair family who are
observing the list for the first time. If the Virtual Vairs list is the
window to the world for CORSA and for Corvair owners we should strive to
present an educated, helpful and positive image for possible new CORSA
members to observe and in which to participate.

Corvairly,
Chuck Armer