<VV> CORSA / Corvairing / Attracting attention

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 16 12:53:57 EDT 2008

Hey now !!  A little Sunday morning ribbing huh? :)

I find the early's just as fascinatiing and functionally beautiful.

With the FC, it's the space efficient design, low load height, large cargo
area and maneuverability coupled with terriffic visibility, great lines,
smooth ride and low stance (for a truck).  There's really no comparison IMO
to the other "mini vans" or trucks of it's era.

With the early cars, it's again the maneuverablilty, great visibility, great
lines, smooth ride and really low stance.  They "look" like a Corvair IMO.

With the LM's, It's again the space efficient design, low stance,
maneuverability, light weight, monocoque construction with the bloated
over-inflated look.................of the UltraVan :)

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!