<VV> Erratic gas gauge

chris c ricorvair at cox.net
Mon Mar 17 10:31:29 EDT 2008

My gas gauge is just wrong.

Before I replace the tank I checked the sender.  Resistance is constant
threw the entire movement (forget the exact readings).

With 1.5  gallons - minus what was required to run the car for about 15
min it reads empty. Unless I use my turn signals, or hit the brakes.

Where do I start?  I was going to clean the dash grounds, and check for
something shorting out when I apply the parking brake or use the signals.

Also I went threw two flasher fuses last season (at the time I thought
the replacement fuse was defective).

gauge