<VV> [fastvair] Question About Rules For the Corvair Indy Events Concer ning Street Modified ????

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Mon Mar 17 10:25:20 EDT 2008

Kevin and all,
here's the rules plan for the NECC's Corvair Olympic in Indy this summer----
Time Trials--standard NECC classes and rules as posted on our web site (neccmotorsports.com)
Drag Race--NECC Drag Race rules are currently on our site but we are making slight mods to them.  After our guys and our 'experts' in the Performance group comment, we'll post them. Not to worry because the points part of the event for the John Fitch Award (formerly King of the Hill) will be bracket racing.  Consistency is the key so whatever you run is whatever you run.  Remember that at Lexington--a bad memory for you--it was a Rampside that was overall winner.
Autocross--We will be using the new CORSA autocross rules.  Warren is setting up the course and David Clemens will be the on-site classification guru!
Car Show--Not a concours!  We are working on a fun system of selecting winners.  For example, we might give an award to the best looking bald headed guy who owns a blue and yellow trimmed car.  Competition will be fierce!

-- kevin willson <kbwillson at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi from Alaska.
I just finished registering for the Corvair Olympics
in Indy this summer (all events). I'm also hoping to
make it to the National Convention in Ventura CA a
month prior to Indy.
I will have to ship my car and my truck on a 1000
mile barge trip about two weeks ahead the convention
and then fly from Alaska to Seattle about a week later
to meet my vehichles.
Then I plan to buy a trailor in the Seattle area and
tow my Vair about 1100 miles to Ventura.
If I survive the Desert heat of southern california ,
I plan to haul my car out to the Indiana area (about
2300 miles) and leave it for 3 weeks until the corvair
olympics. I'll have to fly back to juneau and then fly
back to Indy just before the events.
After that , I'm unsure what I'll do with the car.It
isn't really practical to bring it clear back to
Alaska just to let it sit all winter. (barge shipping
is very expensive) ?????

Now my questions regarding the rules for the Indy
events.

Are the new rules in the recent Communique the ones we
must follow ?
Or are there different NECC rules in effect for indy
?

Specifically 8.3 # 12 - street Modified Class

I'm concerned that my street legal , licensed ,
insured , highway driven , full interior street
modified , Corvair powered , Corvair bodied car won't
be allowed to compete in SM3 because I have a Lexan
rear window - my stock front hood has been lightened ,
and a few other little things like Swiss cheesing the
motor mount to save a couple of ounces. I also have
fiberglass bumpers.

Does this mean that I have to run in competition
class against purpose built gutted race cars with
slicks and rollbars ?

Or are there just points deducted for my
modifications ?

It's a long drive from here !

Kevin Willson "UNSAFE"
1965 monza 3.1 liter
Juneau alaska

Be a better friend, newshound, and

__._,_.___ Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar This list is for racing/modifying our Corvairs,and to buy/sell parts.
Post message: fastvair at yahoogroups.com

Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Recent Activity 5New Members
 1New Photos
Visit Your Group Health ZoneLook your best!
Groups to help you
look & feel great.
Yahoo! NewsFashion News
What's the word on