<VV> What if?, was: CORSA

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Mar 19 13:52:34 EDT 2008

I'd like to amplify what Mark has said here.

straight out of the box, some know that Mark and I agree on very little under the "P" word . But he's gotten to the heart of the matter with this:

> As far as I'm concerned, people who don't join a national club of whatever
> marque car they have are idiots. Just the networking alone that's available
> only through a national club is worth the dues. We who are members of the
> national need to tell such people to take a hike. If everybody did, those
> freeloaders would find themselves cut off and isolated from everything for
> their car, and would soon be forced to sell out or join.

ABSOLUTELY!

No local chapter should be kissing the tails of people who don't want to join CORSA.

I've had a couple of people remind me when I was damn near broke a couple of times and others helped me out.  ALL TRUE. I never dropped out of CORSA.

It's not germaine to the topic at hand. This is about FREELOADERS.  People who join a local club, get the benefits of a CORSA sponsored chapter all the way around --Insurance being most important and costly to the club---and never join CORSA because "It's just too much money"---but they always have money to feed the vendors and buy all manner of stuff to rebuild their cars.

The cost of CORSA dues for an individual is less than what you would spend for dinner for 2 at Outback steakhouse.

So the discussion isn't about the poor guy who's down on his luck. It's about the guy with 10K or more in his car, probably likes to autocross, and won't join CORSA because "It's too much money".  He belongs to a local chapter for years, reaping the benefits of CORSA, and laughing to himself that he gets it for free.

This simply chaps my butt.  I'm happy that I belong to CORSA NC, a CORSA chapter with the GOOD SENSE to require CORSA membership of all its members.

You don't have the 38.00?  Think it's too much?  FINE.  Take your 15K show car (or Autocrosser), the custom trailer  and carry your ass.  Have a great day!

Hank