<VV> Firestone>Dealers-no Corvair

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed Mar 19 14:26:36 EDT 2008

Depends where. I know Merchant's Tire (Firestone) in VA and MD have a sorry
reputation, reinforced by my regretted two attempts using them over 15 years
apart in MD then here. Plus I know a mechanic who worked there and said they
were crooks. Merchant's seems to have a culture of cheating customers.   In
OH, to be fair, I had an alternator go out and Firestone (not Merchant's)
were the ones available and very nice and tried hard...kind of messed it up
a bit but were honest-a new employee who couldn't even change an alternator
without messing with the belt... I stay away from them.
There are "factory" or franchise" Goodyear stores which, so far, seem ok.
There may be another big Goodyear store that appears to be THE Goodyear
store, but are not..  Danville VA to be exact. They were both good but one
sent me to the Goodyear store in town who carries the tires...trlr tires
which the other one didn't... so ya have to learn about the way they do
business.
And ask around... the local folks learn who is fair. Toyota Dlr in Fred'burg
is in the Merchant's Tire category in my book. They especially hit up women
for additional services they don't need. Personal knowledge of two different
women's experiences.
Many new car dealers are one of many owned by absent owners and could care
less about quality, etc. They just worry about bottom line.
Buyer beware.

Chuck S