<VV> What should I ask for it?

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 23 14:50:30 EDT 2008

I'm thinking about selling my '65 Corsa and was wondering what to ask for
it.  With the information I give below, I'm hoping some people can give me a
hint as to what I to ask.

Not that it matters to Corvair people, but all the numbers match the
protecto plate.  It's a coupe with the 140 HP engine, dark green exterior
and saddle interior.  The options it came with are:  Telescoping steering
wheel, all glass is tinted, AM/FM radio with rear speaker (both work), Wire
wheel hubcaps,  spare tire lock and engine compartment lock, both work with
original car key, still has the original washer fluid bottle and bumper
guards.  No posi or remote mirror.  It came with a dealer installed trailer
hitch and wiring, however I've taken it off, but still have it.

It was a one owner car, up to about a month before I bought it.  A man in
Texas bought it for $6K for his son, who didn't want it so he put it on ebay
starting at $4K with a $6K buy it now price and no-one bid on it but me.
I've had contact with the original owner and he has sent me many receipts
for maintenance and Clarks parts he has had done to the car over the years.
It has about 88K miles on it and other than a poor repaint it, a Petronix
ignition and a Clarks trombone exhaust, it is all original.  The chrome is
nice and shiny, but there are some dings in the trim, bumper and body, just
normal parking lot stuff.  The first owners kept it in a garage and there is
no rust.  The interior is also still original and other than a seam split on
the top edge of the drivers seat and some stains in the carpet, the rest it
in great shape including the headliner and dash. I've had the head's rebuilt
by Ken Hand and all new carbs by Wolf.  It runs great, the clutch was
replaced by the original owner before I got it.

When I first got it in 2003, I had great plans to restore it at some point,
but that is probably not going ever to happen.  I would like to see it go to
who would enjoy it as it is, as I do now, or someone who can do a proper
restoration of an original Corvair Corsa with some valuable options on it.

This car was in Hemming's Classic Car magazine when they did the issue on
Corvairs and showed readers cars.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Kent Island, MD