<VV> Low Compression in cylinder #3

Jedd Hebrink jhebrink at anvilcom.com
Sun Mar 23 15:38:58 EDT 2008

Happy Easter.  My 66 Monza 110 with PG developed a horrible engine shudder
and would barely run.  I checked the compression on all cylinders; all were
150 psi except cylinder #3 which was zip.  I pulled the head off expecting
to fined a holed piston, but the piston looks okay.  I am presuming that the
valve seat is gone, but it is not obvious with the valves still in.

Any suggestions what else I might be looking for?  Also, if I have the head
that I removed reworked, do I need to do the other head as well?  I prefer
to leave well enough alone (or a sleeping dog lie).

Thanks much,
Jedd

Checked by AVG.
4:43 PM