<VV> Even more CORSA

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 18:29:54 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/19/2008 10:53:19 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
kaczmarek at charter.net writes:

So the  discussion isn't about the poor guy who's down on his luck. It's
about the guy  with 10K or more in his car, probably likes to autocross, and won't
join CORSA  because "It's too much money".  He belongs to a local chapter for
years,  reaping the benefits of CORSA, and laughing to himself that he gets
it for  free.

As much as I think that everybody should "like to autocross", I don't
believe that "Probably likes to autocross"" describes very many of the  freeloaders.
For example all of the "Performance Corvair Group" members are also  Corsa
members. Both of my local chapters also require Corsa National membership,  so
perhaps I have a limited sample. In addition my SCCA region requires SCCA
membership to participate at any autocross, so that, too may have acclimated our
racers to national membership. Perhaps the least likely guy to join
(Nationally) is the guy who just owns the car as a nice driver, does only  minimal
maintenance or modification, and occasionally needs a part or two  locally. he
just wants someone to call for advice a couple of times a year, and  a local
newsletter supplies that service.

- Seth Emerson

Home.