<VV> Turbo 350 in a Vair? Corvair Application

Vass, Phillip R CIV EODTECHDIV phillip.vass at navy.mil
Wed Mar 26 14:46:27 EDT 2008

Hi,
I saw what you wrote on www.vv.corvair.org about formerly racing a 427
Chevy using a Powerglide and no torque converter.

I'm building a bracket car out of an older Funny car using a 427.

I am building a Clutch Turbo 400 for it using a Fairbanks kit that I
found and a 3 disk clutch set-up.

But I was intrigued over what you had to say about diverting pump
pressure back to the pan and using a 'clutch' pedal operated valve to
send pressure to the low band.

I see you used the flex plate for the starter ring gear, but how did you
drive the pump?

Could you give me any more information on this set-up?
Thanks,
Phil

phillip.vass at navy.mil