<VV> cam gear

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Mar 26 21:18:08 EDT 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 4:37 PM, mark bobolz wrote:

>  I bought a new cam and had a Otto parts gear put on it years ago.
> I never got the engine to run (have no idea why). So here is the
> question, how do I get the new gear off the cam?

I've been told that you split the lock ring and press the gear off,
heat might be a good idea.

> And if I get it off, can I reuse it on another?

I've always been told not to with a stock gear, but the Otto gear
should be re-useable with a new locking ring.

> The cam it is on is for a 110, I can't remember what exactly it was
> I bought just know it was supposed to be "bigger than stock".

It sounds like this isn't a 110 cam, but an aftermarket grind.
Perhaps an OT-something?  If you can find out exactly what it is,
someone may be able to comment on the suitability of this cam for a
turbo.

--Bryan