<VV> Sold for $21K

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 29 14:37:27 EDT 2008

Hi Gary,

Where have you been?  The Kentucky convention raffle car was donated back by
the winner and immediately auctioned to a room full of Corvair owners at the
final night banquet.  It went for over $21,000 if I recall correctly.  That
was four years ago.

In terms of prices - it is simply what the seller and buyer agree on for
value.  The $5,000 to $6,000 cars are not for show - but for go.  Generally,
they HAVE been driven and/or WILL be driven.  Nice examples of the mark, but
certainly not trailer queens.

I'm not sure that I follow the logic on higher prices for Corvairs being
something which will increase CORSA membership.  Not every CORSA member is
simply a "collector".  Most have cars they drive and they may/may not also
have the parked "collector" car as well.

Later, JR

CCE CORVANANTICS CORSA SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140