<VV> Hubcaps & trim rings VS wheelcovers

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Mar 29 17:48:00 EDT 2008

My answers are in the body of JR's question:

In a message dated 3/29/2008 3:49:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

<<So, you are saying (between the lines) that a LM 500 or 700 has  the center
nubs for hub caps?>>

Yes, the 500 was the only LM out there that came with the "hubcaps", but  ALL
LM wheels have the 3 nubs so you can put them on there... the LM wheel does
NOT have the nubs that would hold the "original" (bow tie style) trim  rings.

<<That was the thought I was trying to convey to  Bill.>>
And Bob Helt also brings the "hubcap" into the discussion that serves as  the
front wheel bearing cover... you know, that thing with all that grease
inside and the cotter pin that jabs under your finger nail... OUCH! But we're
talking bigger things here...
:-)

<<Of course, there are likely OTHER 13 inch wheels out  there with the nubs -
just have to be sure they will fit on lug nut and  back spacing.>>

With the nubs for the trim ring? The only thing that might be would be the
61 Tempest, Special or F88 IF it had them... we're talking 4 lug 13 inch  rims
(EM, at least, since the discussion was about the trim rings fitting), and  I
honestly don't know what the Tempest, et al used... and it would be 61,  since
they was done away with in 62 (they tend to become "frisbee-like when you
hit a big enough pot hole)....
As for the LMs, and of course any EM without the nubs for the trim ring,  any
aftermarket trim ring (of the correct diameter) should fit.
Anyway, I hope this makes things a wee bit clearer, since I didn't do too
good of a job earlier.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon  Anderson