<VV> Lower A-arm problem

Mike & Jackie mjsvair at q.com
Sun Mar 30 20:01:22 EDT 2008

I am in the process of upgrading the lower A-arms on my 68 Monza and ran
into a small problem.  I put in new bushings & ball joints. When I was ready
to install it into the crossmember I put the bushing caps in, then put it in
the crossmember, and then the cam bolts,  lining up the scribe marks.  My
problem is when I tighten the nut on the camber bolt to what the shop manual
says (90-120 ft lbs.) the arm was so tight I could hardly lift it up & down.
So I loosened the nut up so the arm did not bind in it.  When I did that,
the camber bolt would turn & lose the camber setting.  Wondering if anybody
else has run into this situation?  I am just trying to soften up the front
end a little...it's riding way too stiff.  Would appreciate any
ideas/suggestions.  You can email me direct.
Mike