<VV> Lower A-arm problem

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 20:14:34 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/30/2008 4:57:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,  mjsvair at q.com
writes:

When I  did that,
the camber bolt would turn & lose the camber setting.   Wondering if anybody
else has run into this situation?  I am just  trying to soften up the front
end a little...it's riding way too  stiff.  Would appreciate any
ideas/suggestions.  You can email  me direct.
Mike

Mike - When you assemble the inner pivot point, there are two stepped
washers which sit on either side of the tube in the middle of the bushing. The  tube
has serrations on both ends. When the camber bolt is tightened, those three
items will cinch down and clamp that inner tube. It stays rigid and the
rotation  of the arm (into which the outer part of that inner bushing is pressed)
will  stretch the rubber in the bushing in a circular manner. GM may have even
figured  that circular springing into the effective front spring rate. When you
have  completed the front end work and bring the car to the alignment shop,
they will  likely loosen those bolts to perform the initial camber setting on
the front  end. That will be done with the suspension loaded. This will place
the "starting  point" for the bushing in the correct place. I honestly don't
think this is  causing much of the rough ride. - Seth Emerson

Home.