<VV> Rear ride height

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 30 21:02:24 EDT 2008

I need a quick answer.  What is the stock height of the rear on late
model?  I (because I have tired springs and have to use spacers until
I can do the job properly with new springs) have a difference in the
left and the right of 1/2".  The measurements from the floor to the
top of the trim on the rear wheel housing at the center of the wheels
is 25 1/2" and 26".

For those of you who have given me advise on the AM/FM question,
sorry, I haven't had time to get to it yet.  Last weekend, a club
member (bless his Corvair heart) spent ten hours helping me to
fashion and install a brace for the strap on the passenger side
muffler, add the spring spacers, adjust the brake pedal, and install
rear seat belts.  Today was spent painting the brace (we noticed that
we hadn't after it was installed) adjusting the muffler height on the
right and left, and "installing" two new rear speakers with the
special gravity method until I can figure out the best way to make up
for a larger than workable hole that was cut for  the previous
speaker by my dad.  The radio is working more often than not now, and
when it goes off, turning the speaker way up, seems to wake it up and
it works "fine" for a long time.  Will try the methods mentioned soon.

Stephen Upham

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110