<VV> Engine Problem

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Mar 31 17:30:09 EDT 2008

Smitty says;  Looks the same as the parts I took out of my engine that blew on the way to Nelson Ledges.  3,000 rpm to zero rpm in .001 seconds.  Parts count, Block, two lifters, crank, piston, two rods, cam.  And of course I trashed almost all of the moving parts that survived because I didn't trust them any more.  Same story as Judd.  Broke a rod bolt.  I had just gone through a long and trying session of trying to get a precision fit on the bearings, plastigaging and torqueing over and over.