<VV> [FC] Corvair Research

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri May 2 10:18:32 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/1/2008 4:02:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
corvair at fnader.com writes:

Of  course the lower insurance losses for the Corvair of the period
>  versus its peers could also be shown as proof that the overall design
>  of the Corvair was superior enough to more than overcome what could be
> seen as human factor design flaws....

Bill and VV,  I have seen an article about the Corvair's lower than  average
fatality rate for HEAD ON COLLISIONS that was from the late  '60's and, if I
remember correctly, was from a New England insurance  association.  I think I
still have a copy somewhere (it was in the  Washington Post).  I can say that
Corvairs had lower liability insurance  rates than Mustangs in the '70's when I
worked for GEICO insurance insuring  American military member's cars (in
Germany).  If I find it again I will  cite it, but I wanted to add my support for
Bill's statement.  I don't  remember it being cited in the two NHTSA
publications, but I plan to check  them this weekend.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Washington DC Suburbs

favorites at AOL Food.