<VV> convertible top frame

Paul paulm at tdl.com
Sun May 4 00:01:11 EDT 2008

Does anyone have any experience with powder coating a LM convertible top frame? I'm concerned about all the bushings and pivot points that can't be disassembled, but the frame is so rusted that I have to have it sandblasted and I think that powder coating is the way to go. I feel that painting will also cause similar problems with the pivots,etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm also looking for the center bow for a LM (that seals against the windshield) as mine is rusted through.  Thanks.

Paul
North of SF Bay in the real wine country