<VV> Cheaper than gasoline? Re: CNG Conversion?

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun May 4 14:32:58 EDT 2008

Hi "-B",
    Have you run a relative cost analysis to see  if using CNG is any cheaper
than using gasoline?  At $3.50 per  gallon (northern NJ), the energy content
of gasoline is just about $30 per  million BTU.  My natural gas delivered to
my house is about HALF of that  cost on a BTU basis ($1.44 per therm).
However, that NG cost is for VERY  low pressure NG.  How much is HIGHLY COMPRESSED NG
going to cost  you?  Can you buy it by the tankful in the compressed state?
At what  cost?  Or do you have to expend considerable electric power yourself
to  compress it into a tank?
    Unless the expenditure of getting the CNG into  your tank in the highly
compressed state is MUCH cheaper than buying gasoline,  then why bother.
    Regards,
    Frank "calculatingly" Burkhard

In a message dated 5/3/2008 8:20:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,