<VV> Oil pressure & Temp gauges

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sun May 4 23:01:05 EDT 2008

Thanks to all the answers. Frank answered it most pricicely:
[SNIP]
in regular driving of a Spyder, all you need is the idiot light that flashes
RED in your face if oil pressure goes to 0. All you need for temperature is
the head temperature.
[SNIP]
No the turbo will not heat the oil faster than the head. Not even the little
stream of oil that goes through the turbo bearing will heat fast, as the
flow is great.
[SNIP]
That's what I thought.
[SNIP]
Drive the car and don't worry about extra gages. I only worry when the
head temp on my Spyder goes above 500 °F for extended periods. Remember,
the cars are supposed to be fun. Put your foot into it when appropriate!
[SNIP]
I put my foot into it as often as I can.(Grin) I was told to let the engine
idle for a minute or so before shutting down after using the turbo. I now
have a habit of idling a minute every time before shutting down.

As for gauges, I have decided NOT to add any. Besides, I really didn't want
to clutter up the stock appearance of my car. Even though I have a 63 spyder
clone with a 64 drive train, I'm still trying to keep it as stock as
possible.

Thanks to all for your input

Dave Thompson