<VV> CORSA's Future.

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Sun May 4 23:08:47 EDT 2008

Glad to see your thoughts on this topic, James

Remember that the ACD, or Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Club was formed to ensure
that
those who valued these fine cars would have a place to gather in numbers,
suitable for assuring
longevity of the organization. There simply weren't enough original owners
of each marque
to stay in separate organizations and they all shared the common ancestry of
being linked to E.L. Cord.

As I mentioned in my previous message, CORSA might do well, to form
alliances with some
of the other cast-off GM marque clubs, when we show our cars. At each event,
Corvairs can unite in a central
Corvair Corral, just like Corvette owners do. But having a larger variety of
cars at events will assure
exposure to a wider group of younger enthusiasts, some of whom, have never
even heard of Corvairs.

I think it all comes down to exposure and this is a way to get it,
especially when trying to interest members
of the younger generation. To segregate ourselves away from other car makes
that aren't air-cooled makes
no sense, especially when you consider that we really have no link to VW or
Porsche owners at all.

You want to feel really rejected? Try pulling in at a Porsche autocross with
a Corvair!

That's how some of these other GM cast-off owners would feel, if they were
to try associating with CORSA,
under the present conditions. Snobbery might be well imbedded in the German
car ranks, but it really has no place
in the Corvair realm, since to most folks, we are the bottom-feeders, barely
one notch above Pintos and Vegas.

We don't have to change CORSA's name or mission, just be more inclusive and
the newer members will begin signing up.

Mel Francis