<VV> PCV system question on a late model

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon May 5 10:28:54 EDT 2008

On Saturday, Silicon Valley Corsa and Corsa San Francisco Bay Area members
gathered at one members shop to work on and do minor fix-up on a 65 Monza. The
car was left to the clubs by a deceased members estate, and will be somehow
sold. Details still to be worked out. The car runs and idled fine, but I
noticed  some blowby coming out of the lower side vent hole on the fuel pump. I
pulled the air filter cover and checked the upper PCV vent where it feeds inside
 the air filter. Nothing was coming out of there -except a noticeable hiss,
that  would go away with a finger over the vent hole. That vent tube is fed
from the  balance tube, the one with the small air hole - probably what is
causing the  noise. I am not worried about the noise, only that there is no blowby
coming out  up here, just from the pump vent.  My guess is that the 90 degree
vent  tube off of the upper fan housing may be plugged, causing the venting out
 of the fuel pump hole. At the time, we didn't think to remove the oil filler
cap  to see if there was any pressure building up. (Always done carefully!)
We want  to make sure that the car is working at it's best for the new buyer.
Any other  places to look?  - Seth Emerson

favorites at AOL Food.