<VV> carbs on a 110hp

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 00:37:55 EDT 2008

Hi again guys:

Ugh! one thing leads to another, gremlin after gremlin. The entire fuel system is restored, fuel tank cleaned, etched, and por'rd, new sending unit and gaskets, and NO leaks! yeah! on the first attempt and in great operating condition. Before I had no fuel at all in the engine, and now its in apparent abundancy, and too much so now!
I returned the 5.5-9.5psi electric fuel pump and exchanged it for a 2.5-4.5 model, installed and  went  for takeoff on starting this 110/pg. BUT as luck would have it the right carb is essentially flooding. I can see down the carb hole (thats a technical term lol) and while the key is still on, fuel is just dumping into the right bank and it won't stop. I took the carb off and did a cursory cleaning inside and reassembled and tried again, but no difference. Gasoline is spitting out the muffler, so I know that I am WAY in the wrong, and shes is flooding before she even has a chance. On the left side, I see no problems.
I am assuming that because the right carb is not sealing and that the fuel doesn't pressurize to shut off the electric pump and so it keeps coming but doesn't have anywhere to go. Somethings clogged, or blocked or a gasket is leaking.
This engine will fire, I know it, but I'm thinking now that I have to rebuilt a carb or two.
Can you guys think of anything else I may have overlooked or misunderstand?
I really hate being this close and not hearing her run, yet.
chris mann
69 monza vert (no mods)