<VV> Corvair Research - Human factor

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 15:17:30 EDT 2008

>With all due respect, you seem to have missed the point.
>
>That was the point.
>
>That is not the point

Ken --

With all this pointed commentary, it would seem that perhaps you have
missed the point that Honda and Toyota have dash mounted shifters,
regardless of your 'human factor' engineering theories -- perhaps that
is why Ford is now trying to advertise that they have improved thier
quality control up to the standards set by Toyota -- perhaps someday
they will be able to meet their sales figures, too.

The point being that while some companies may be choosing to bury their
heads in bottemless sands of the blame closet, others choose a slightly
different tack.  Once upon a time (apparently in Fairy Tale Land), an
American car company was bold enough, through the efforts of some
certified risk takers, to introduce our beloved Corvair -- I miss the
Good Old Days (when the lawyers didn't run the engineering department)!

If one chooses to accept human factor engineering as rote, then I guess
Ralphie won the war afterall ...

Bill Strickland