<VV> Tool idea and Corvair Racer-Tech "Yellow Pages"

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Tue May 6 16:58:12 EDT 2008

Seth,

I asked for, but have yet to recieve, vendor info for the PCG web site. I wasn't thinking of an elaborate "Yellow Page" that you described, but just a collection of vendors and their web sites/contact info.

Now if I could just get a couple free hours to finish the PCG web site....

Ned

Second - While building my latest race-oriented Corvair, I have been buying
various race parts from the racers and the vendors (Thanks, guys) Many of the
sources I remembered from attending the Performance Workshop, reading the PCG
 newsletter, and having done this more than a few times before. But just
since I  started this particular car, there have been several additions to the
cadre of  Corvair vendors offering performance parts and services. I propose a
Corvair  Racer-Tech "Yellow Pages" - available on a web page only - that would
offer an  indexed listing for vendors of Corvair-oriented racing/performance
parts  and services. Like the Yellow pages, the content would be the
responsibility of  the vendor, with some size limits, but linking would be
allowed to
other sites.  Since they are ads, claims can be made, pictures and procedures
can
be shown.  Listing in the pages would not be considered an endorsement, just
listing of  available sources. The index could be broken down by areas of the
car  modified.

Engine
    Mechanical Parts
        Rotating Assembly
        Valve Train
    Fuel System
    Ignition System
    Cooling System
    Exhaust System
Suspension
    Shocks/Springs
    Sway bars
    Steering Systems
Wheels & Tires
Drive Train
Braking Systems
Oiling Systems
Fuel & Oil Plumbing
Body and Aerodynamics
Driver Protection Systems
Fasteners, gaskets and Seals
Gauges & Electrical systems
Data Acquisition
Tools & Setup

The intent here is to make it easier to find the parts and services that
people need to build their performance cars. In addition it provides a service
to the Corvair parts vendors - many of which are small companies with a few
dozen parts or services - allowing them virtually "Free" advertising to the
racer community. The only restriction I foresee would be that only
Racing/Performance parts would be addressed, not "stock" parts. Eventually, a
Tech Tip
Section could be added - spread out the same way. If you were building  a motor,

you could go to the section on Fuel Systems and find a list of folks  who sell
Carb parts, Fuel pumps, etc. People who modify carbs with  jet-relocation,
vent tubes, and, perhaps a few tips on what worked for other  folks. Pictures of

the mods, parts and services are right there, on your  screen.

I am looking for input on this idea. I'm sure Corsa can find a place  for
hosting it. - Seth Emerson