<VV> interlocks (still humor), was: Human Factor(Humor)

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 23:28:50 EDT 2008

Probably the same kind that thinks repair manuals should also be on disc.
LOL (just kidding, techies)

I happen to have a '95 model car with a manual trans. You have to push the
clutch pedal in (even when the car is in neutral) to get it to start. Such
an interlock is at best a misguided idea, IMHO. Though if it was in gear, I
could understand having it.

An interlock would admittedly relieve the kind of occurrences I'd always
have after my old-time garageman would service my standard trans Corvair.
I'd hop in the car and hit the starter, only to have the car leap forward.
The ninny would leave it in gear instead of neutral w/hand brake pulled.
What idiot would do such a thing? I always leave a standard trans car in
neutral and pull the hand brake. Doesn't everybody? After all, that's what
you have to do with an automatic Corvair. (G)

Maybe standard trans cars should have an interlock that prevents the car
from being shut off if the trans is left in gear. LOL

-Mark (love my 'glide Corvairs)

Factor(Humor) No Corvair Content!