<VV> Repairing a failed crankcase stud thread repair

Jim Houston jhouston001 at cfl.rr.com
Fri May 9 09:13:31 EDT 2008

This may not be feasible, but a friend of mine used to work in a shop
that repaired aircraft crankcases.  When he was faced with a stripped
hole, he would weld it up with a heliarc and then machine the surface
and retap the hole...  like I said, this may not be possible on a
Corvair case . . .

Jim Houston