<VV> Could have been Unintended acceleration (back to Corvair)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 9 11:49:58 EDT 2008

I had an instance (Corvair), near the end of a long highway run, where the
RPMs did not want to come fully back to idle.  The Rs were around 1700 - 2
grand even after snapping the throttle pedal a couple of times.  It turned
out that the fan bearing had walked upward and the center portion which does
not spin was preventing the throttle cross shaft from closing fully.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140