<VV> Stupid humans - No Corvair

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 12:27:49 EDT 2008

>... want electric cars to have a noise generator on them, or something.

Portland, OR, has this electric (overhead wire) light rail (MAX)
commuter train system, and they are eerily silent as they approach --
we've had a number of train pedestrian / bicyclist / etc accidents -- if
one isn't paying attention to the fact that those are train tracks in
the street, the trains can sneak up rather easily, in spite of their
tinkley little warning bells amongst the other noises of the city.

If it wasn't prejudiced, they would probably try to pass laws to outlaw
stupidity (then where would I be). Better off to let folks be
responsible for themselves, and stupidity will have it's own
self-limiting results.

Bill Strickland