<VV> Could have been Unintended acceleration (back to Corvair)

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri May 9 12:37:03 EDT 2008

"Unintended Acceleration" carries with it the unstated but implied
inability to slow or stop the acceleration. If you were intending to
slow, you would logically be applying the brakes. Since the brakes on
cars generate the equivalent of 1000's of horsepower, unless you have a
simultaneous brake failure or something special like a top fuel
dragster, you just simply can't overdrive your brakes.

With both the brake pedal and gas pedals held to the floor,  every
street car with working brakes will stop. That's why Audi knew (and
anyone intelligent in the media should have known) that true UA was
technically impossible. But the media rarely lets facts (or science) get
in the way of a good corporate-bashing story.

Bill