<VV> Another Firestone watchout

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 19:01:35 EDT 2008

In case any of you are using Firestone FR680 series tires, get them replaced. As if their ATX series tires of a few years ago were not bad enough, one of my treads on the other series completely separated this week. It peeled off the tire all at once. It did not even cause the tire to go flat. Luckily I was in a 45 mph zone with very little traffic and it was on a rear tire. I had a least half the tread life remaining on a properly inflated tire when this happened. I drove the last 2 miles to home on the shoulder with the flashers on, but don't plan on being that lucky. I'm a school teacher, so God watches out for me better than usual with all the budget cuts we are getting so we can spend more money on prisons.