<VV> Re Why 6000?

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 10:39:14 EDT 2008

Ken,

Could it be that you are confusing the demise of the Corvair in '69 with
the introduction of the (Citation) X-car in '79 (as an early '80 model)?

As to what happened to #6000, it's simple. Until a vehicle is released for
sale by GM, it legally doesn't exist. GM simply made #6000 "disappear" when
the scrapped the car before it was released for sale. It's their property,
and they can do with it what they want. Hence, no paper trail, and no
evidence that it ever existed (other than the photos of it, which were a
"fluke" occurance and not something that would have occured normally.) I
doubt that anyone will ever find any paper trail, especially since Dave
Newell has long since scoured GM's files of everything pertaining to
Corvairs, with nothing to show on #6000.

-Mark

---

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/