<VV> Oil Filter Disection

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon May 12 17:42:30 EDT 2008

---- Clarks Corvair Parts Inc <clarks at corvair.com> wrote:
> Bob Helt did a full disection and evaluation of our oil filters in the May 2006 issue of the Communique. In summation, in his words, "so for the Clarks filter to be equal, if not superior, to the Wix, is a significant accomplishment".
> Our current price on this superior filter is $6.25, Clarks part number is C47C.
> Cal Clark

NOW I remember what it was I needed to pick up while I was there in the vendor area at the 'Vair Fair...

Oh well, shipping couldn't be that much.  ;)

It has come to my attention that it's getting harder and harder to find the *right* oil filter for a 'Vair engine.   Most of the FLAPS that still carry something to fit a 'Vair only offer those filters with that lousy top gasket that slices through if you overtighten just a tad.

...I suppose this is more than ever a good reason to buy filters from your favorite 'Vair vendor, huh...

tony..