<VV> Odd Gas Gauge problem

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Wed May 14 11:56:30 EDT 2008

Now that I have replaced the hoses in my gas tank in my LM I can finally
fill it up.

Here’s the problem. After the fill up, the gas gauge read fine , just below
the “F” for several minutes of driving and then slowly drifted down to a
somewhere between a quarter and a half full where it stayed. I’m assuming of
course that I didn’t burn 5 gallons of gas in 5 minutes.....  J

The sender unit is a relatively new unit from Clarks. The ground and gas
gauge connections are all good and I heard the float moving around when I
had the tank out. I didn’t remove the sender at the time as there didn’t
seem to be any need.

Any ideas for what might be the cause of the odd gas gauge reading?

Thanks,

Bob

66 180 convertible

Checked by AVG.