<VV> kicks like a mule 2 to 1 shift

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu May 15 10:49:01 EDT 2008

Larry,
    Probably under the severe deceleration caused by a  HARD stop, the
connecting hose was moved in the direction to temporarily CLOSE  the leak so that
you then had normal soft downshift.
    Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 5/14/2008 6:11:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  N6nev at aol.com
writes:

I also  had the same problem, when coming to a stop the 2 to 1 shift was
harsh. but when stopping hard, the 2 to  1 was soft!.. I  checked  the
vacuum at
the cross over  pipe and had 19  inches, then I went  to the  modulator and
found a wee crack in  the hose. A new hose and all is well.   smooth and
quiet 2 to
1  shift!  So my question is this, why would stopping  hard change the
shift?

Larry
retired auto shop owner
61   monza