<VV> Corvair Master cylinder

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Thu May 15 14:47:26 EDT 2008

I'm thinking about replacing my stock master cylinder this year with one of
the vendors dual braking master cylinders.  In my driving lifetime I, have
survived two incidents where my brake pedal has gone to the floor.  One gone
down a mountain on my way to Morgantown, WV and the other going through a
bust intersection in Annapolis, MD.  I'd prefer not to have that happen
again.  You know what they say about the third time.

My question concerns the silicon brake fluid.  Can you just pump all the old
fluid out of the system, and then replace it with the new, or does all the
rubber need to be replaced also.  The previous owner just had the brakes
system rebuilt about 6,000 miles ago, but that may equate to 10+ years.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Kent Island, MD