<VV> magazine mention X2

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Thu May 15 20:50:54 EDT 2008

Two magazine mentions to report:

1.  May 12, 2008 issue of AutoWeek; Steve Thompson's "At Large" column  on
page 13.  Speaks of the '63 Spyder convertible he owned back in the  day.  Not
terribly flattering.  Allows as how the car wasn't much of a  "babe-magnet";
recalls a time when he "managed to spin the car in a perfect  180" (I don't
think he meant that he had a Corsa turbo in it); and, opines that  the car made
him a better driver because "it would bite back if I made  a mistake."

2.  More flattering:  June 2008 Hemmings Classic Car page 12  features a
blurb plugging the upcoming Corsa convention in California.   Says that "[t]he
enduring popularity of the Corvair has long outlasted its  critics...."  Not
quite sure what they meant by that.  If they're  referring to Ralph Nader, he's
still alive although his popularity ain't what it  used to be.  He's largely
considered a spoiler in the 2000 election making  him, among his usual fans,
about as popular now as crabs at an orgy.

~Bill Stanley

favorites at AOL Food.