<VV> E-85 some Vair sorta

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri May 16 13:03:43 EDT 2008

Joe,
    Since E-85 has 30% LESS energy per gallon compared  to straight gasoline,
it seems like you should see a greater drop in MPG.   However, if you
modified the ignition timing or compression ratio to take  advantage of the much
higher octane of the E-85 then these results you reported  make sense.
    If we can ever get to cellusolic ethanol instead of  edible corn ethanol,
then the E-85 picture will make more sense.  Anyway  I'd much rather send my
fuel $$$ to farmers in the midwest US (or even Brazil)  rather than to those
in the Middle East that despise us and want to destroy  us.  After all,
remember whose $$$ paid for the airline tickets and  flight training and living
expenses for the 19 terrorists that slaughtered  so many of us on 9/11.
    Frank "wants energy independence" Burkhard

In a message dated 5/15/2008 3:59:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,