<VV> Corvair Master cylinder

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 16:00:16 EDT 2008

This 'lubricant' property of silicone brake fluid (dot 5) isn't what the
Teves brake folks say. They say to stay AWAY from silicone fluid in thier
systems as it ISN'T a lubricant. The Teves system uses a pump for developing
brake pressure, and silicone fluid will ruin the pump.
Teves anti-lock brake systems were used in a number of European cars and
General Motors vehicles (cadillacs, buicks) in the late '80s.

When you loose pump pressure in a Teves system, the brake pedal is as hard
as a rock.

harry yarnell
Poohbah of Perryman
perryman garage and orphanage