<VV> Oil Warmer

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Mon May 19 14:56:55 EDT 2008

Mark,

That oil warmer is/was a common accessory up here in Frostbite Falls.  While the Corvair was generally a very good winter starter, it does get down to 20, 30 or even 40 BELOW zero at times.  One of these items would keep the oil in the pan warmer than the outside temp which made it easier for the engine to "turn over" when you went to start it. This device was much better than the heated dipstick replacement style.

A year or so ago, I sold 2 NOS oil pan warmers on eBay.  Goodies I found in a buyout of Corvair parts from a long time collector.

Bob Johnston
(Never got stranded in a Vair by the cold)
Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
CORSA since '72