<VV> Front Torsion Bar for '65 coupe

David Iverson david.d.iverson at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:25:28 EDT 2008

I have a '65 coupe, 140hp, 4spd that has a front torsion bar that attaches
to the bottom of the lower control arm.  There has been a recurring problem
with bolts breaking off or falling off and countless gromments lost.

In the bottom of the lower cont. arm, the threads have been flattened and
damaged.  I need help to fix this so that it stops becoming a once every
other month occurence.

I also need good recommendations on american made bolt manufacturers as
their overseas counterparts have failed me time and again(you'd think I'd
learn my lesson)!

Thanks in advance,

David